Thursday, February 11, 2010

Goodnight Bob

Could be a euphemism there.

So here is an anecdote, honk if you give a fuck.

I go to pick up my wife, we are going out for dinner. As I am sitting on the lobby of her large office building, a lady walks out, and on the way past me she says "Goodnight Bob." I nod and smile, not recognizing her. Then another lady goes by who I DO recognize. I say "Hi", and she says "Goodnight Bob." Two more leave. Another person I don't know says "Goodnight Bob." I wave weakly. Another "Goodnight Bob." A couple more. I am confused. I recognized one person but about thirty people leave and about twenty of them say "Goodnight Bob."

Finally my wife comes out. We greet and hug and I ask her "Did you tell like your whole floor that we were having dinner together?"
She goes "No, maybe two people."
I don't get it. I put on my coat. We get to the door and my wife turns to the security guy at the desk and says "Goodnight Bob."

So there are a number of people who work there wondering why this vagrant was sitting at the lobby looking confused and waving at them.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you're in a self-contained world made just for you, like "The Truman Show?"

    ReplyDelete