Wednesday, August 19, 2009

what's wrong with this picture?

So many years ago when I was unemployed...  I showed up at a corporate office for an interview.  One random person walking out encounters another walking in.  
"How ya doing?"
"Better now, I'm leaving aren't I?"
"I know, right?"
OK so if they don't wanna work there, why am I interviewing?

Then I thought about it some more.  At my previous job, I said the same kind of disgruntled things.  OK so if the old job sucks and the new job sucks...  The old thing about the grass is always greener, no not really.  What if your job sucks and so does mine, but if we switch, we'll both be happy right?  Well no.  Nobody likes their job.  Kids run off to join the circus, they don't run off to join the office.  If we all dislike working, why are we all still doing it?  

Maybe it's a lack of consensus, lack of communication.

It is hard to get off the grid.  Not everybody is really ready to take off and risk doing their art.  Having a manager to manage things for me is good.  Safe.  

Thinking about it.

Some of us lucky ones have a passion.  They teach dance or paint after work or on weekends.  Their day job supports them in what they really love.  So maybe I should just quit whining and do what I like when I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment